Pages

Thursday 26 September 2013

Kayaking for the first time


Kayaking for the first time

***

“Ahhh!” I screamed as I hopped  into my kayak for the first time. It was freezing cold as I was wearing my shorts. We had to meet Henry who was waiting for everyone else near the rocks around the beautiful Hunua falls.

It was so freezing cold I couldn’t describe what the weather was like when we got down the Hunua falls with our kayaks. It was like it was raining with snow and a cold breeze like being inside a refrigerator.

As I went ahead I got stuck between rocks which made me had to get out of my kayak, as I was trying to get my kayak out of the rocks I could hear the bottom of my kayak scraping like it was taking its skin colour off.

Once we went down the stream suddenly my kayak wobbled and started shaking like something was going to attack me, I cried with tears in my thought saying that its going to happen, as soon as it could happen my kayak crashed. It was so deep  I was shivering like I was frozen inside a cube, as I was trying to get back onto my kayak I could almost feel that the underground was like quicksand I cried for help and started moaning for someone to help me get onto my kayak.

It was so incredibly freezing that day even though it was a awesome day I felt like I was in Antarctica  and that it was the end for me.









1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.